|Address||Primary: Rosa Jardón, 3, 28016, Madrid – Secondary: Serrano Galvache, 13, 28033 Madrid|
|Telephone Number||Primary: 91 359 21 21 – Secondary: 91 302 30 80|
|firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com|
|Head of school||Richard Cook (Primary) – Michael J. Wickham (Secondary)|
|Number of pupils on roll||800-899|
The International School of Madrid was founded in 1971 and is an independent co-educational Primary and Secondary school, offering a British curriculum to children from 3 to 18 years of age.
I.S.M. is an inclusive school which welcomes and values all of its students and their families. We aim to create a family/community atmosphere where children feel safe and secure and in which there is fluid communication between home and school.
We provide a broad and balanced curriculum which:
- promotes the academic, spiritual, physical, cultural and moral development of students;
- prepares children for adult life and encourages them to become good citizens – showing respect, loyalty and friendship towards others;
- allows children to become fluent and proficient users of the English and Spanish languages, whatever their native tongue is.
Our goal is to provide a high quality education which:
- promotes high standards of achievement and allows all children to develop to the best of their ability, both personally and academically;
- generates high levels of student engagement and enthusiasm and allows students to become confident, secure and independent learners.
The school is recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education and is permitted to take students of all nationalities. The school is an authorised University of Cambridge ESOL examinations centre and a University of Cambridge International examinations centre, offering IGCSE and A-level qualifications. Students from I.S.M. leave to enter universities in the UK, Spain, the USA and many other countries across the world.
The school is housed in two purpose built buildings, both of which include a library, computer suite, sports hall and outdoor playground. A bus service is available. All children eat at school and fresh food is prepared daily on site. There is a wide variety of extra-curricular activities, such as judo, ballet, chess, football, basketball, modern dance, computing, drama, French and German, and art.