British Council School
Founded in 1940 in Madrid, the British Council School is the only school of its kind in Spain. We live by the motto Be the best you can be! We put our students at the heart of everything that we do, and our goal is to help every student reach their full potential. Our academic programme encourages passion and achievement in languages, literature, the dramatic arts, sports and public speaking.
As a British school in Spain we promote both Spanish and English cultures, to ensure our students enjoy the best of both worlds.
Our teaching model is based on the English National Curriculum, which guarantees a unique standard of education and consistency in teaching methods. We bring out the best in all our students by focussing on their individual needs and developing their specialist skills.
From Foundation Stage to Secondary (3 – 16 years old), 80% all classes are taught in English. The remaining 20% of classes are taught in Spanish, which includes Spanish language and literature.
In the Secondary stage, the curriculum has been adapted so that students can sit both the British IGCSE exams and the Spanish PAU university entrance exams. Between 16 and 18 years old our students follow the British Council BiBac(R) (Spanish Bilingual Bachillerato), a unique academic programme designed by our teaching team. Students can choose their own subjects and whether they want to study in English or Spanish, thus reinforcing the multilingual nature of their learning experience.
For more information on our academic approach, please see our website.